The client had moved in six months ago and the property was newly refurbished. After six months the wall to the side of the washing machine was rotten and black with mould, it was obvious that a leak was the culprit.
One leak was found immediately behind the washing machine, however I did not feel that this had effected the wall to the side, so the next step was to remove the damaged plasterboard.
There were two seeping plumbing joints behind the washing machine. A poorly soldered joint was found in the wall to the side, which went through to the shower. This joint was spraying water and is lucky it was not left any longer as it would have caused mould throughout the property. Due to finding several bad joints I decided to replace the entire section of pipework to ensure it was properly fixed.
The wall was left open to dry the framework out for just over a week, with a dehumidifier running to aid the drying.
New plasterboard was then fitted and plastered.
After the plaster had dried, the wall was then painted and the job was complete.